You will need to first install the UFS HWK Micro setup which you can get it easily from any website. You can also download it from www.smart-gsm.net/support
1) Double click the DCTxBB5 icon on the desktop.
2) Now click on the connect button. This will connect the software to the UFS box. The window should show the message ‘Licence:True’.
3) Now select the model of the mobile phone which you have to flash.
The mobile phones of Nokia are divided into 5 main groups.
1) DCT3: This group contains old black and white mobiles.
Eg. : 3310, 2100, 8210, etc.
2) DCTL: This group contains old communicator mobiles.
Eg. : 9210, 9210i, 9290
3) DCT4: This group contains mobiles made after DCT3 group.
Eg : 1100, 1110, 1600, 100, 101, C1, X1, 6020, 9300, etc.
4) WD2: This group contains old fancy mobiles.
Eg : N-Gage, NGage-QD, 6600, 7610, 3230, etc
5) BB5: This group contains expensive phones.
Eg : N Series (N-70, N-73, N-80, etc ), E Series (E-60, E-50,E6, etc ), C5, X6, etc
After selecting the model of the mobile phone, you will have to connect the phone to the computer with its flashing cable or the USB cable. Now click the check button.
If we get 1st boot ok, then we can flash the mobile. If we get 1st boot err, then we cannot flash the mobile. It means the software is not detecting the handset.
If we get 1st boot err, then we should check three things:
1) Cable may be faulty.
2) Cable may not be properly connected
3) Check the battery connector & program connector.
After checking the above three things, if we get 1st boot Err, then the mobile has some hardware fault. First we have to repair the hardware then we can flash the mobile.
When we get 1st boot ok, then we can flash the mobile.
To flash the mobile we have to select the files required
Description of The Files:
1) MCU File: It is the main file of the software. Its name will end with either 0, mcusw, C0R, C0 or C00
2) PPM file: It is the language file. We choose this file according to the language we need in the mobile. Its name will end with (a,b,c, etc) or (ab, ac, ad, etc) or(01, 02, 03, etc)
3) CNT File: This file contains wallpapers, ringtones, etc. It is only given for colour display mobiles of DCT4 group. The file name will have ‘nai’, ‘ucp’ or ‘image’ word written in it
We usually give the above three files only.
4) PMM File: This is the program file given in DCT3 group.
5) WUG File: With this file we can change the boot image in DCT3 group.
6) PM File: It is the permanent memory file. It is given only in extreme cases like network related problems or ‘contact service’ problem.
After giving all the required files, we click the ‘write flash’ button. It takes about 5 to 20 minutes to complete the flash process.
When ‘flashing completed‘ message appears on the left side window, we have tick all the boxes below the UI options and click on the UI Settings button. After it is successfully done, the flashing is over. You can now remove the handset.